ABPmer operates a fully mobile survey team which undertakes near-shore hydrographic and field investigations throughout the UK. The team of technical specialists carries an extensive range of instrumentation for bathymetric surveying, 2D and 3D flow monitoring, water levels, multi-parameter water sampling, grab sampling and beach profiling.
This is backed up by a fully equipped sediment analysis laboratory and computer facilities for data analysis, management and presentation and the automated chart production.
We can undertake intensive short-term surveys as well as long-term monitoring programmes. All our surveys include a comprehensive design, planning and management service. We provide:
- Bathymetric surveying using "Hypack" software - single and multi-beam on request;
- Current profiling;
- Real-team kinematic (RTK)GPS topographic survey;
- Vessel dynamic measurements for under-keel clearance and ship movement;
- Wave measurement.
The collection and analysis of sediment, water and biological samples can form an important component of both baseline studies and long term monitoring campaigns. We undertake:
- Benthic species - infauna and epifauna;
- Sediment and sediment cores;
- Water quality - pollutants, suspended solids, salinity and turbidity.
Our sediment laboratory and associate arrangements provide for the undertaking of a range of analysis, presentation and reporting to include bespoke programming solutions and automatic report generation. Parameters analysed:
- Chemical analysis
- Faunal identification/classification
- Sediment magnetics;
- Sediment mineralogy;
- Sediment particle size analysis (PSA;
- Sediment salinity;
- Sulphate reducing bacteria;
- Total organic carbon;
- Total petroleum hydrocarbon;
- Total suspended solids (TSS).
To speak to one of the team to learn more, call 023 8071 1865